We require ASAR registered Cardiac Sonographer for a locum stint in Alice Springs. The position will be primarily hospital based
Locum Cardiac Sonographer
- Perform Cardiac Ultrasound Scans
- Specialist teaching hospital in the red centre of Australia
- Experience rural and remote Australia
Please quote job reference: Job Ref: 1272014
We require an ASAR registered Cardiac Sonographer for a locum stint in Alice Springs. The position will be primarily hospital based with some outreach work to remote communities, Equipment used is GE.
You can earn up to $100.00 per hour plus the superannuation guarantee depending on your experience. Accommodation and travel support offered.
Location: Alice Springs, NT
All about my new employer?
Our client is a busy hospital and services a large region. Committed to meeting the needs of all people they are a specialist teaching hospital right in the red centre of Australia. Considered a progressive hospital, they provide a wide range of services and examinations and offer a 24/7 emergency department.
All about the role
We require a passionate ASAR registered Cardiac Sonographer for any period during August and December. You will be primarily based at the hospital however you may be required for outreach work too. Usually, you will travel for the day however there will be occasions where you will travel overnight. Outreach requires visiting some of the most remote areas of Australia. When completing outreach work, you will usually be supported by a cardiac nurse and a cardiologist. This is a great role to experience remote and rural Australia but will require a cardiac sonographer with demonstrated experience in a similar location. Using GE machines you will see between 10 to 12 patients daily. COVID safe plans are in place and all required PPE is accessible.
The skills and experience I need for this job
- Qualified Cardiac Sonographer
- Hold current ASAR membership
- Previous experience in a similar environment
- Familiar with GE machines advantageous
- Ability to hit the ground running with minimum administration support
- Ability to travel to Alice Springs for the specified dates
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years post graduate experience in Echo, Exercise + Dobutamine Stress Echo, Contrast Studies, Bubble Studies.
- Must be able to scan paediatric patients (8–10 year-olds)
What’s in it for me, The Benefits
- Provide a safe and friendly working environment to work in
- Excellent rate of pay being offered
- Work in outback Australia
- Interesting mix of patient cases
- Weekly payroll
- Travel and accommodation support
- Access to your recruitment consultant 24/7
Your next steps, APPLY
Simply forward your resume or if you would like further details about this position, please call Nichole, in confidence, on +61 7 4031 9991 / 0448 886 683 email email@example.com
Aussie Locums – your agency
Aussie Locums’ network stretches from all major urban hubs and branches out to the far corners of Australia, in the full range of medical settings such as hospitals, clinics, aged care, sports and health centres.
Our passion for providing hassle-free, reliable, and meticulous recruitment services to clients and candidates, has enabled us to build long standing and thriving relationships within the industry. Not only does this enable us to provide advice, market insights and trends, but a thorough understanding of our candidates and client’s needs. We take great pride in making great connections between candidates and clients.
Fancy Working in the UK
If you are interested in a UK working holiday, we have you covered here too.