We require casual health professionals registered with AHPRA and AIN and PCA to carry out workplace surveillance COVID-19 testing.
Workplace COVID-19 Tester, Job Ref: 1167725
Location: Nowra, NSW
Salary: up to $33 – $50 per hour + super. Dependent on qualification.
We require casual health professionals registered with AHPRA to carry out workplace surveillance COVID-19 testing. We also require suitably qualified and experienced non AHPRA registered assistance (AIN, PCA etc). Comprehensive training will be provided on procedure, protocols and the software system.
Please quote job reference: 1167725
- Nowra– Monday and Thursday
- Wollongong – Monday to Friday
A little about the role:
As a Registered health professional, you will use your empathetic, caring and community focused nature to support each workplace/site to conduct daily surveillance COVID-19 testing on their workforce. You will be able to work efficiently, autonomously and collaboratively. Your team will vary from location to location so you may be the sole health professional or part of a larger team. Non AHPRA registered staff may assist under your direction.
AHPRA registered health professions that can work as a workplace Covid-19 tester are as follows:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health practice
- Dental (not including dental therapist, dental hygienist, dental prosthetist or oral health therapist)
- Medical radiation practice
- Nursing – Registered Nurse (RN), Enrolled nurse (EN) or Enrolled Endorsed Nurse (EEN)
- Occupational therapy
We also require non AHPRA registered assistants that are qualified:
- Assistance in Nursing (AIN’s)
- Personal Care assistants (PCA’s)
- Generally you need to have experience in correct use of PPE and infection control, with relevant certificates.
Duties you will be responsible for:
- Performing tests by taking nose and throat specimen samples on workers
- Handle testing equipment
- Entering data and coordinating test result by using state of the art software
- Work as a part of the team with fellow nurses
- Follow infection control protocols and carry out hand hygiene after each employee
- Competent in doffing and donning PPE
- Registered with AHPRA
- Certificates in infection control and hand hygiene
- Current CPR certificate
- Proof of current immunisation, including current year flu vaccination
- National Police check (Conducted within 12 months)
- Proof of Working Rights for Australia
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Above award pay rates
- Flexible hours
- Weekly payroll
- Great opportunity to acquire new skills
- Cooperative working environment
- Comprehensive training provided
P: +61 7 4031 9991