COUCH Wellness Centre need a registered nurse. Permanent part time or fulltime. No weekends, friendly team.
- Provide empathetic and caring services and support to members of the community living with and beyond cancer and their families.
- Undertake comprehensive assessment and screening of cancer patients for, psychosocial and supportive care needs.
- Facilitate the delivery of cancer care consistent with evidence-based guidelines.
- Ensure prompt referral to specialist, allied health and supportive care services.
- Facilitate continuity of care between health professionals and across settings for care delivery.
- Provide information, education and promote informed choice in treatment and care offerings to empower care recipients.
- Support and deliver projects as required, including research opportunities.
- Work proactively and confidently both independently as well as alongside the multidisciplinary team.
Skills and Experience:
- Division 1 Registered Nurse with current AHPRA Registration (Nursing & Midwifery Board).
- Minimum 2 years’ post-registration experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Ideally 1 year of oncology, palliative or mental health experience.
- Ability to lead, support, communicate and collaborate in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- National Police Check.
- 2 recent professional referees.
- Exceptional communicator with empathy, respect, and compassion.
- Forward-thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- High level of emotional maturity and intelligence.
- Highly resourceful team player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Permanent part-time or full-time role.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Salary sacrifice
- Friendly and supportive team environment. Work alongside other passionate community members.
Please apply directly to Aussie Locums. Applications via other agencies or directly to COUCH Wellness Centre will be forwarded to Aussie Locums.
Please forward your resume or contact Nichole Fitzgerald today.