Contribute to our clients amazing team by making a difference. Experience Mammographer required with strong salary package and ideal location
Permanent Mammographer, job ref: 1167130
Location: Cairns, QLD
Salary: $109,505 – $117,835 p.a + superannuation and leave loading benefits
Our client provides a free population-based mammography screening service to women over 40 years of age.
Passionate Mammographer for an exciting permanent opportunity with one of our amazing clients in North Queensland.
Please quote job reference: 1167130
A little about the role:
The staff and patients at who work with our clients have helped develop a set of shared values that guide our behaviours and decision making in our workplaces. These values underpin our daily work, the strategies of our Health Service and help deliver Queensland Health’s vision.
The Health Service is the primary provider of health services to residents of the Cairns, Tablelands and Cassowary Coast regions with a population of over 250,000 people, as well as providing specialist services to the Torres Strait and Cape York region.
Duties you will be responsible for:
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in accordance with our client’s values as outlined above.
- Follow defined service quality standards, occupational health and work policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services and workplaces.
- Deliver a high-level breast imaging clinical service within a multidisciplinary team, in accordance with prescribed professional and ethical standards.
- Apply independent professional judgement to a complex caseload, adapting routine clinical practice based on valid and reliable evidence, with infrequent need for direct clinical practice supervision.
- Ensure patient care issues are managed, including liaison with other clinicians, clinical departments and external providers and patient related incidents are reported and documented according to hospital procedures
- Contribute to the development of clinical practices, procedures and protocols that support the continuum of care engaging cross-discipline referencing where relevant
- Participate in quality and service improvement activities to continually improve patient / client care
- Provide clinical practice supervision to less experienced breast imaging clinicians including students to ensure the maintenance of professional clinical standards within the practice.
- Work cooperatively and effectively within a multidisciplinary team, with other members of the multidisciplinary team and with patients / clients.
- Assist the Chief Radiographer and other Senior Radiographers with departmental non-clinical tasks as delegated.
- Some travel / work outside of normal business hours may be required/ including overnight
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Medical Imaging.
- Current AHPRA registration.
- Queensland Radiation User Licence.
- Previous experience working in mammography.
- Current C class drivers licence.
- Current Vaccination history, including COVID vaccination in line with QLD public health order
- Diverse role helping women in the community.
- Opportunity to take the next step in your career.
- Coaching and mentoring offered to the successful candidate.
- Generous Salary and Fantastic location
- Travelling role – opportunity to explore Northern Queensland