We are looking for a Full-time Midwife/Child Health Nurse to Fly in Fly Out to Cape York Community from Cairns.
Midwife/Child Health Nurse (FIFO) Job Ref: 1144860
Location: Far North Queensland
Salary: $109,900 – $122,389 + Superannuation
Great opportunity to assist and work within the Indigenous communities of Cape York. Fly In Fly Out to the community from Cairns each week so you are home on your days off.
This is a specified position, with applicants requested to provide contact details or a written reference from an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person who is willing to support their applications. Please note that applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are not required to provide this reference.
Please quote job reference: 1144860
About our Client, your new employer:
Our client provides primary healthcare services to the communities located within Cape York. The multi-disciplinary team is comprised of dedicated health professionals of Dr’s, nurses and allied health professionals. Our client prides themselves on becoming a community organisation that provides optimal wellness, helping to achieve the best possible health outcome for the communities of Cape York. All staff provide culturally appropriate and help provide family centered health services.
A little about the role:
We require a Midwife/Child Health Nurse who will also assist with maternal child health workers to help provide direct and comprehensive services to the communities of Cape York, which will require the ability to deliver culturally sensitive clinical services. You will fly out of Cairns and visit communities in Cape York including Pormpuraaw, Aurukun, Yagoonya and Mapoon.
Duties you will be responsible for:
Service Planning and Implementation:
- Undertaken ongoing practical and theoretical professional development relevant to the position responsibilities, as required.
- Develop and implement a holistic culturally sensitive evidenced based clinical care and health promotion/educational activities to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their partners in the antenatal, birthing, postnatal, childhood parenting periods.
- Demonstrate a commitment to community control.
- Work with, support and exchange knowledge with the Maternal Child Health Workers(s) in delivering the required services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their families.
Relationship Management and Stakeholder Engagement:
- Work collaboratively with partners and key stakeholders.
Financial, Monitoring, Reporting and Resource Management
- Comply with and monitor legislative requirements, Delegations Manual, policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Nursing and Midwifery and current registration with the Australian Health Practice Registration Authority (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse and Midwife.
- Demonstrated competence in clinical and problem solving skills with the ability to plan, coordinate and evaluate increasingly complex client care across the maternal and child health continuum.
- Postgraduate qualifications in Child Health, or willingness to undertake and complete the qualification within a specified timeframe.
- Queensland immunisation endorsement or willingness to obtain.
- Knowledge of current Queensland Child Protection Legislation, policies and procedures and the demonstrated ability to apply these principles within the context of a maternal and child health program.
- Understanding of the historical and contemporary issues that impact on Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and their communities, particularly in Cape York.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders people in accordance with community protocols and customs.
- Generous salary packaging options
- Attractive remuneration package
- Opportunities to grow and develop
- Collaborative workplace
- Flexible work practice
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Annual leave loading
- Travel allowance
- Financial assistance for relocation (as application)