We are seeking an experienced Haematology and Oncology Registered Nurse. You will work with our client in their new unit in Cairns.
Oncology Nurse, job ref: 1141991
Location: Cairns City, QLD
Salary: Competitive salary offered in line with QLD hospitals
Aussie locums is seeking an experienced Haematology and Oncology Registered Nurse. You will work with our client in their new unit in Cairns. This will be a rewarding career in a happy, positive team.
Please quote job reference: 1141991
About our Client, your new employer:
This highly regarded hospital provides cancer treatments for outpatients. Our clients unit focuses on advanced, comprehensive and evidence-based nursing care. The team encourage work life balance and offer a comprehensive and competitive range of benefits, including: family friendly working hours, Monday to Friday only with no public holiday work. The team lunch room has an outdoor deck area with a view PLUS quality coffee and fruit provided! This modern recently refurbished unit is situated in an excellent work environment.
A little about the role:
Outpatient unit with 5 treatment chairs and an amazing view of Cairns. You will join a dedicated team to provide treatments and support to your patients. Patients are from Cairns and the surrounding areas from all backgrounds and the unit can be a social / supportive environment for the patients. A brief overview of the duties are below.
Duties you will be responsible for:
- Manage the symptoms and the side effects of various oncology treatments
- Administer chemotherapy, radiation treatment and other cancer treatments
- Monitor vital signs and perform observation closely
Skills and Experience:
- Current registration with APHRA as Div. 1 RN
- Recent clinical experience in an Oncology/Haematology patient care including administration of antineoplastic agents
- Antineoplastic Drug Administration Course (ADAC) certificate
- Advanced cannulation / CVAD skills.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working as a part of the team
- Full time opportunity with weekends & public holidays off
- Work in tropical Cairns
- Prime location in the heart of Cairns city
- Walking distance to shops and restaurants to have a break
- Supportive and friendly work environment
- Experience living in the beautiful Cairns region. Weekends away in places like Port Douglas, Mossman Gorge, Great Barrier Reef, Fitzroy Island and many other beautiful tropical places.