We require a passionate ASAR registered Cardiac Sonographer for 2 x locum stints in outback Australia. Hospital based with some outreach work.
Locum Cardiac Sonographer, job ref: 1121737
Location: Alice Springs, NT
We require a passionate ASAR registered Cardiac Sonographer for 2 x locum stints in outback Australia, the red centre. The position will be primarily hospital based with some outreach work to remote communities. Equipment used is GE.
Please quote job reference: 1121737
About our Client, your new employer:
Our client is a busy hospital, and services a large region. Committed to meeting the needs of all people they are a specialist teaching hospital right in the red centre of Australia. Considered a progressive hospital, they provide a wide range of services and examinations and offer a 24/7 emergency department.
A little about the role:
We require a passionate ASAR registered Cardiac Sonographer for 2 x locum stints. You will be primarily based at the hospital however you will be required for outreach work too. Usually you will travel for the day however there will be occasions where you will travel overnight. Outreach requires visiting some of the most remote areas of Australia. When completing outreach work, you will be supported by a cardiac nurse and a cardiologist. This is a great role to experience remote and rural Australia but will require a cardiac sonographer with at least 5 years’ experience. Using GE Machines you will see between 10 to 12 patients daily. COVID safe plans are in place and all your required PPE is accessible.
Our client has 2 locum periods.
- 5th July to 20th August 2021
- 14th September to 20th December 2021
Duties you will be responsible for:
- Work in a hospital based environment
- Experience working in remote and rural locations
- Cardiac ultrasound studies
- Work off site for outreach work which will sometimes require an aircraft charter
- Ability to work in a team and solo where instructed to
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified Cardiac Sonographer.
- Hold current ASAR membership.
- Previous experience in a similar environment.
- Familiar with GE machines advantageous.
- Ability to hit the ground running.
- Ability to travel to Alice Springs for the specified dates.
- Provide a safe and friendly working environment to work in
- Excellent rate of pay being offered
- Work in outback Australia
- Interesting mix of patient cases
- Weekly payroll
- Access to your recruitment consultant 24/7