Hospital and Local community outreach role available for immediate start. Stunning location with great benefits available.
URGENT Locum Physiotherapist, job ref: 1049170
Locations: Cooktown, QLD
Salary: HP4, $73.10 per hour plus super. Accommodation and travel provided (including paid travel days).
Rural generalist Physiotherapist required ASAP until the end of June 2021. Based in Cooktown as the sole Physiotherapist. Hospital and local community outreach role. Accommodation and travel provided, with paid travel days on the first day and last day of travel. Able to immediately provide credentialing documentation.
Please quote job reference: 1049170
About our Client, your new employer:
Our client is a multi-purpose health service in Cooktown, QLD with a focus for patient care, offering a range of services including but not limited to emergency, general ward, medical imaging, residential aged care and allied health services. The facility operates 24 hours per day 7 days a week (your role is Monday – Friday) and is one of the main providers of health services in the region.
A little about the role:
We are seeking a confident Physiotherapist to stand in for the permanent Physiotherapist. The role is HP4 level and involves work in both inpatient and outpatient as well as community health centre visits in nearby communities. Commencing 4th January 2021, you will work with the community and in the hospital with inpatients as a sole Physiotherapist and will treat a variety of cases. Ideally, you will have a background in rural and remote practice with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health experience but this is not essential.
Duties you will be responsible for:
- Provide a high standard of assessment and treatment to your caseload.
- Provide high-quality patient care at all times.
- Work independently as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Comfortably and confidently work as the sole Physiotherapist.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with team and patients.
Skills and Experience:
- Full AHPRA registration.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Background in rural and remote practice with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health experience advantageous.
- Appropriate rights to work in Australia.
- Ability to meet our client’s stringent credentialing requirements.
- Experience a beautiful and unique part of Australia.
- Treat a mixed caseload.
- Work within a friendly team of experienced professionals.
- Escape from the hustle and bustle of the city and explore what FNQ has to offer.
- Accommodation and travel provided, including paid travel days to start and end the locum.