Registered Nurse – Cancer Care – Cairns. $40.00 – $43.00 ph + super.
Are you a Registered Nurse seeking a rewarding and fulfilling role? Do you enjoy being involved with the community? Are you respectful, empathetic, open-minded, optimistic, resilient, observant, trustworthy and above all else, caring?
If you answered YES to all of the above, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be working in conjunction with the Cairns COUCH Cancer Wellness Centre (COUCH Wellness Centre) to source a passionate and caring Registered Nurse for their amazing team in beautiful Tropical North Queensland.
This is a permanent part-time opportunity. You will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse preferably within an oncology-specific environment together with post-registration experience as a Community Mental Health Nurse or a Counselling qualification.
Please quote job reference: 1067691
Your new employer:
Aussie Locums are working in conjunction with COUCH Wellness Centre to fill a rewarding and fulfilling role in stunning Tropical North Queensland. The $3 million COUCH Wellness Centre was opened on 17th May 2019 and would not have been possible without the support of the community donations, government funding and social contracts. The Cairns community banded together and donated $1million! COUCH Wellness Centre’s services are supported by Funding Bodies and community donations as well as both the volunteer and paid team members.
COUCH Wellness Centre is providing people living with and beyond cancer diagnosis a place of healing, education and evidence-based support and services. The model of care aims to provide integrated health and social service through a nurse-led, co-ordinated, multi-disciplinary approach.
COUCH Wellness Centre offers a wide range of services to those living with cancer, their family and support persons. These include Allied Health such as Exercise Physiology, Physiotherapy, Social Work & Counselling and therapy services such as Massage & Reflexology. Many of these services would not be possible without the kind contribution of volunteer community members qualified in these areas.
Your new position awaits:
As a Registered Nurse, you will use your empathetic, caring and community focused nature to undertake comprehensive assessment and screening of cancer patients for clinical, psychosocial and supportive care needs, facilitate the delivery of cancer care consistent with evidence-based guidelines and ensure prompt referral to specialist, allied health and supportive care services. You will work proactively and confidently both independently as well as alongside the multi-disciplinary team.
Duties you will be responsible for:
- Provide empathetic and caring services and support to members of the community living with and beyond cancer and their families.
- Undertake comprehensive assessment and screening of cancer patients for clinical, psychosocial and supportive care needs.
- Facilitate the delivery of cancer care consistent with evidence-based guidelines.
- Ensure prompt referral to specialist, allied health and supportive care services.
- Facilitate continuity of care between health professionals and across settings for care delivery.
- Provide information, education and promote informed choice in treatment and care offerings to empower care recipients.
- Support and delivery clinical projects as required, including research opportunities.
- Work proactively and confidently both independently as well as alongside the multidisciplinary team.
Skills and Experience:
- Division 1 Registered Nurse with current AHPRA Registration (Nursing & Midwifery Board).
- Minimum 2 years’ post registration experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Ideally 1 year of oncology, palliative or mental health experience.
- Post registration experience as a Community Mental Health Nurse or Counselling qualification.
- Ability to lead, support, communicate and collaborate in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- National Police Check.
- 2 recent professional referees.
- Exceptional communicator with empathy, respect and compassion.
- Forward thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- High level of emotional maturity and intelligence.
- Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- A rewarding and fulfilling role heavily involved with the community supporting people living with and beyond cancer and their families.
- Permanent part time role.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Friendly and supportive team environment. Work alongside other passionate community members.
Please apply directly to Aussie Locums. Applications via other agencies or directly to COUCH Wellness Centre will be forwarded to Aussie Locums.