WIN a $3000 travel voucher!! .aussielocums.com.au/refer-a-friend/ T&Cs apply. Locum Senior Podiatrist. Bucket list location – Thursday Island.
Locum Senior Podiatrist, job ref: 1037645
Location: Thursday Island, QLD
Salary: DOE. Accommodation and travel provided!
Podiatrist with minimum 3 years’ post-graduate experience and significant experience in high-risk foot care required for locum role in a rural, community setting – Thursday Island, QLD. Commencing 16th November through to 24th December 2020. Accommodation and travel provided.
Please quote job reference: 1037645
About our Client, your new employer:
Our client is a public hospital on Thursday Island servicing not only their local community but also the surrounding Torres Strait Island region. Thursday Island is known as the administration hub for the Torres Strait. It is also home to the Indigenous Torres Strait Islanders and is one of 274 islands which lie between the northern tip of Queensland and Papua New Guinea in the Torres Strait.
A little about the role:
We are seeking a Podiatrist with a minimum of 3 years’ post-graduate experience for a community locum role on Thursday Island, QLD commencing 16th November through to 24th December 2020. You will work with the community performing general foot and nail care and high-risk foot care. You will have significant experience in high-risk foot care and ideally a background in rural, remote practice with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island health experience. You will also provide outreach services across to the Northern Peninsula Area on Cape York (via ferry) and the island communities of the Torres Strait (via helicopter and light aircraft).
Duties you will be responsible for:
- Cover required caseload including outreach services.
- Deliver a high level of podiatry services including high-risk foot care.
- Work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with team and patients.
- Travel via ferry, helicopter and light aircraft to for outreach services.
Skills and Experience:
- Full AHPRA registration.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ post-graduate experience.
- Significant high-risk foot care experience.
- Background in rural, remote practice with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health experience advantageous.
- Appropriate rights to work in Australia.
- Able and willing to meet our client’s stringent credentialing criteria.
- Assess and treat a range of conditions – every day is different.
- Bucket list location!
- Work within a friendly team of experienced professionals.
- Escape from the hustle and bustle of the city and explore what FNQ has to offer – work and explore in a tropical paradise.
- Accommodation and travel provided.