Locum or Permanent Sonographer — Australia Sonography
|REF: 884939||Permanent / Full Time Sonography job in Melbourne, VIC.|
|SALARY: DOE||AVAILABILITY: ASAP for any time frame (locum)|
Locum or Permanent Sonographer, job reference: 884939
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Salary: DOE. Accommodation & travel may be considered (locum).
An exciting locum opportunity has become available for an ASAR registered Sonographer in Melbourne, VIC commencing ASAP for any time frame. You MUST have a minimum of 2 years’ experience and be resilient as this is a very fast-paced role. Broad skill set required – varied and interesting caseload. Our client is ideally seeking a permanent Sonographer however would accept a locum as per the above.
Please quote job reference: 884939
About our Client, your new employer:
Our client is a busy public hospital in Melbourne within a health district that is the major provider of acute, maternity, sub-acute and specialist services to the rapidly growing population in the outer northern areas. The large, passionate team of medical professionals and support staff are committed to providing the best healthcare and improving the wellbeing of the community.
A little about the role:
You will perform a variety of scans including high risk obstetrics. The hospital’s ultrasound caseload is around 80 patients per day across various departments including inpatient, outpatient, ED, trauma and theatre. As rostered, you will work at the consulting rooms next door where they scan around 28 patients per day being outpatients and walk-ins.
This role would suit someone with experience in an extremely fast-paced environment that works well in pressurised and stressful situations. You must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience, preferably in a hospital environment. Each day, you will work within a team of around 3 sonographers, 4 – 5 radiologists and administration support. The machines on site are GE Logic E9 & E10, Philips IU22 and Siemens S1000 & S2000.
Duties you will be responsible for:
- Perform a broad range of ultrasound scans.
- Work across two sites as per roster.
- Provide a high level of patient care at all times.
- Work independently as well as part of a team.
- Operate GE, Philips and Siemens machines.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with colleagues and patients.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ demonstrated experience working in a similar position.
- Ability to hit-the-ground-running and be resilient.
- Effective communication with patients and staff.
- ASAR Accredited Medical Sonographer.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Previous experience with GE, Philips and Siemens or ability to learn.
- Appropriate working rights for Australia.
- Locum or Permanent opportunity.
- Varied and interesting caseload.
- Fast-paced hospital environment.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume or call us today. Aussie Locums work with a variety of hospitals and private practices across Australia. If you are interested in a UK working holiday, we have you covered here too.
For more information about this role or any others you have seen please contact Nichole Fitzgerald, in confidence, on +61 7 4031 9991 or 0448 886 683 or email firstname.lastname@example.org