Radiography Jobs in Australia.


Profession: Radiography Contract: Locum Location: Brisbane, QLD Job Ref#: WORKINQLD

New South Wales

Profession: Radiography Contract: Locum Location: Sydney, NSW Job Ref#: 970476

Northern Territory

Profession: Radiography Contract: Contract or Perm Location: Darwin, NT Job Ref#: 663125

As a radiographer, the world is your oyster and Australia provides some of the best opportunities to further your career.

Indulge in Locum positions in various departments or embark on some of the amazing permanent opportunities for Australians as well as overseas registered staff.

Finding you the Right Position

At Aussie Locums we understand your specialties and provide the right positions for you to make use of your skills.

From CT scanning in the bush to MRI in the city or supporting a range of communities with roaming general X-Ray services, Australia is remarkable in its provision of services throughout the country.

Start looking for Radiography Jobs

How to Register as a Radiographer in Australia

Australia has a National Registry of Health Practitioners, which means that once registered, you are able to practice throughout the entire country. You can apply for your National Registration by visiting

Qualifications gained outside of Australia?

First of all you will need to contact AHPRA.  The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) is the organisation responsible for the implementation of the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme across Australia.  AHPRA works with 15 National Health Practitioner Boards in implementing the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme.

 In order to work as a medical radiation practitioner in Australia you must be registered to practice and have a legal right to work in Australia.

 You must apply as an international applicant if you have:

  • obtained your qualification in a division of medical radiation practice in a country other than Australia (excluding New Zealand)
  • not completed an approved or equivalent qualification leading to registration in Australia, and
  • not held registration in Australia before.

Radiation Licences

Then, depending on which state in Australia you wish to work in you will be required to obtain a Radiation Use Licence

Do you have New Zealand registration?

Should you obtain registration in New Zealand first, you may apply for registration via the Trans Tasman mutual recognition Form ATMR-91

Australian Society of Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy - ASMIRT 

Aussie Locums also suggest that you investigate having your qualifications assessed by ASMIRT.  

Diagnostic Radiography/Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy qualifications gained outside Australia are not immediately accepted and recognised in Australia for the issue of an ASMIRT Validated Statement of Accreditation which is required for migration under the skilled migration program and for State registration/licensing in Australia to enable employment.  You can find out more information via this link

For further information regarding migration and working in Australia refer to the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs

Contact us for more indepth information about the above.  Our passionate and experienced consultants will be delighted to assist you.